PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY PRESENTS “PATRICK MIKHAIL EDITIONS”, A NEW PROJECT FEATURING EXCLUSIVE LIMITED- EDITION ARTWORKS PRICED FROM $125 TO $1,000.
PATRICK MIKHAIL EDITIONS
FEBRUARY 15 TO MARCH 4, 2012
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
5:30 P.M. TO 9 P.M.
We are pleased to launch PATRICK MIKHAIL EDITIONS an exclusive exhibition and project featuring new limited-edition works by some of Canada’s leading emerging and mid-career contemporary artists. The project launches in an in-house exhibition at PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY from February 15 to March 4, 2012, as well as on the gallery’s Website via a downloadable catalogue.
PATRICK MIKHAIL EDITIONS offers collectors a unique opportunity to purchase affordable, original, limited-edition works by a variety of PMG artists and guest artists including:
Ewa Monika Zebrowski
The project features photographic prints, photo-based works, digital prints and paintings, video paintings, artist books, original drawings, and sculptures, all exceptionally priced between $125 and $1,000 and offered in editions of 30 or less. Each original artwork has been specially conceived and created for the editions project and offers a glimpse into the unique professional practice of each artist. The project will be launched at PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY and will then travel to Montreal’s PAPIER 12 from April 12 to 15, 2012.
To view the online Web galleries and to download the PATRICK MIKHAIL EDITIONS catalogue visit the gallery Website at: http://www.patrickmikhailgallery.com/artists/
IN OTHER GALLERY NEWS…
- The current issue of ARTFORUM online features a review of PRETERNATURAL the gallery’s January 2012 exhibition featuring works by New York artist SHIN IL KIM. The review by art critic and scholar William Ganis features a critical analysis of the multi-venue Ottawa exhibition that featured other PMG artists including Andrew Wright and Adrian Göllner. To read the review visit the ARTFORUM Website at http://artforum.com/picks/section=us#Ottawa
- PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY is pleased to present Montreal artist THOMAS KNEUBÜHLER in the exhibition BLACK MONTREAL as part of The Armory Show VIP Week in New York from March 8 to 12, 2012. The exhibition is organized by L’Association des galeries d’art contemporain (AGAC) / Contemporary Art Galleries Association and New York curator Janine Armin. It showcases some of Quebec’s leading photo-based artists in a multi-gallery presentation featuring 9 AGAC member galleries. For more information, please visit the PMG Website or the AGAC Website at: http://new.agac.qc.ca/
- Also as part of The Armory Show Arts Week, we are pleased to announce a special presentation of the works of PMG artist CINDY STELMACKOWICH. The exhibition takes place on New York’s Upper East Side at The Pfeiffer Loft on Sunday, March 11, 2012, in conjunction with Ms. Stelmackowich’s 2011/2012 Helfand Fellowship at the New York Academy of Medicine. Please visit the PMG Website for more details.
- We are pleased to announce PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY has been elected to the Art Dealers Association of Canada (ADAC). The ADAC has over 90 members and is the largest representation of major private commercial galleries in Canada. ADAC dealers represent the country's leading artists. The association provides a professional platform for the determination of ethical standards as they relate to commercial galleries. For more detailed information about the ADAC please visit their Website at http://www.ad-ac.ca/
- PMG artists STEPHEN BROOKBANK and JONATHAN HOBIN appear in SNAP! 2012, a photographic fundraiser for the AIDS Committee of Toronto on March 25, 2012, at Canada’s National Ballet School in Toronto. SNAP! is ACT’s annual photographic fundraiser featuring a live auction of art, a silent auction, and the Elevator Digital Photo Competition. In previous years, the event has drawn over 700 guests, providing patrons with an opportunity to support ACT’s prorgams and services, increase their awareness of HIV/AIDS, and add to their art collections. The event provides a great opportunity for both major and emerging artists to showcase their work. SNAP! is now entering its second decade, and has raised over 1.2 million dollars since its inception in support of the important programs and services at ACT. For more information: http://snap-toronto.com/
- ADRIAN GÖLLNER appears in DISCONTINUED COLOURS at the Agnes Etherington Art Centre from January 14 to April 15, 2012. The selection of contemporary art acquisitions, many of them recent additions to the Art Centre collection, takes its title and theme from Göllner’s wry pseudo-Modernist installation documenting artists’ paint colours that have been “discontinued” by their manufacturer. The exhibition also features John Dickson, Dave Gordon, Luis Jacob, Myfanwy MacLeod, and Allyson Mitchell.
- JONATHAN HOBIN launches a new body of work entitled Little Lady / Little Man at Ottawa’s City Hall Art Gallery from March 16 to April 29, 2012. The photographic exhibition reflects on the death of a husband and wife through the use of lullaby, vintage photographs and life-size deathbed portraiture. Little Lady / Little Man not only acknowledges the dichotomy of life’s seemingly simultaneous endurance and fragility, but also challenges the viewer to consider concepts surrounding their own mortality. For more information: http://ottawa.ca/en/rec_culture/arts/gallery_exhibit/city_hall/2012_exhibits/index.htm
OPENING NEXT AT PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY:
- Montreal-based photo artist JESSICA AUER launches a new body of work. The exhibition, a site-specific photographic installation entitled MEADOW, takes place from March 7 to April 17, 2012. Visit http://www.patrickmikhailgallery.com/exhibitions/ for more details
For more information:
PATRICK MIKHAIL GALLERY
2401 Bank Street
Ottawa Canada K1V 8R9
Tel. 613.746.0690 TF: 1.800.388.3298